Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's DIY Project

This year, for Valentine's Day, I hung out with my best friend but we didn't just wanna go out to dinner. So, we decided to work on this shoe DIY project that I had been thinking of for a while. The project was inspired by these stunning jeweled heels from Versace's SP '09 collection -


This project was very simple and a whole lot of fun! Here's what you'll need:



-     A pair of heels
-     Rhinestones in varied shapes and sizes.
-     Glue
-     A disposable plate or bowl
-     Toothpicks
-     Tweezers


Once you have everything you need, just get creative and glue the rhinestones on to your heel. Honestly, I didn't even use the tweezer.

Using the toothpick, put glue on the the back of each rhinestone and place it onto the heel, where you want it. Mine are glued at random but if you want, you can start with the bigger ones at the top of the heel and then use the smaller ones as you work your way down.





Final Version! :)
My suggestion - If you're doing this for the first time, try to find a pair of cheap shoes so you can experiment more freely! :)

Also, I believe Amazon has these rhinestones for a whole lot cheaper so look on there as well!

I hope you guys have enjoyed this and will try it. If you do, please let me know how it turns out!

xo

Dhruvi