Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thank You



For my birthday this year, I had asked everyone to make a donation to Pratham, in memory of my grandfather who passed away on 2/18/2012. On 3/6/2012, when I set up my donation page, I set a goal of $500 and I figured I'd keep the page open for a couple months. Well, today, less than 10 days later, I have reached my goal! The best part is that 94% of donations made to Pratham are used towards their projects, which is absolutely fantastic.




My grandfather was a firm believer in the importance of education. All my life, he told me that my education is more important than anything. He would say I could lose everything but I would never lose the education and knowledge I have and with that, I could come up from zero, if I had to. While I have been fortunate enough to have been able to afford as much as grad school, there are many who are not nearly as fortunate. I couldn't possibly think of a better birthday gift! So, thanks to every single person who has made a donation - they are ALL my heroes and I am so blessed to have the friends I have! I couldn't possibly have done this without their support!

Final amount raised - $633!

Thank you all, for THE BEST birthday gift - EVER!


xo

Dhruvi