Saturday, May 12, 2012

Greek Smoothie

I saw this recipe on E! News and thought I absolutely HAD to try it. Well, I did and I loved it! So, I figured I'd share the recipe with you guys! :)




Ingredients

Greek Yogurt - Makes the smoothie really thick, rich and creamy. Also, compared to regular yogurt, it has more protein, less sodium, less carbs and is easier to digest.

Blueberries - Blueberries have the highest antioxidants capacity of all fresh fruits. They also have high fiber content and help reduce belly fat and improve digestion.

Strawberries  - This wasn't part of the original recipe. Strawberries help boost immunity, promote eye healthy, help fight cancer, and fight bad cholesterol. Also, the vit C in strawberries gives it anti-aging properties and fights wrinkles. They also regulate blood pressure and boost fiber. AND, they're yummy!

Honey - Add honey, vs sugar, for taste. Honey also has cleansing and healing properties.

Pomegranate Juice - Also not part of the original recipe. The original recipe had orange juice, which I didn't have so I made a substitution! :) Pom juice has incredible antioxidant properties. It also lowers cholesterol and blood pressure. It also prevents plaque buildup in arteries and may even help prevent past buildup. Lastly, it helps prevent dental plaque.

Cinnamon Powder - Helps speed metabolism. It also boosts memory and cognitive function,  cures headaches and migraine pain, and lowers cholesterol.

Oats - I didn't have oats but they were included in the original recipe. They're a great source of fiber.


I just used a blender and left chunks of fruits in there. This is now going to be my breakfast smoothie! :)


Make sure you guys try it and let me know what you think!

xo

Dhruvi