Thursday, October 11, 2012

10(ish) Shoes Every Woman Should Own

So, a few weeks ago, I "rotated" all my shoes. I think I own over 60 pairs, not including sneakers, flip flops, and sandals; and I rotate them twice a year to prepare for spring/summer and fall/winter. Anyways, as I was in the middle of this project, I realized that there are some shoes that I wear ALL the time, but most of them have been worn a few times, if that - I'm sure this is the case with a lot of women! That's where the motivation of this post comes from. So, from my personal experience and feedback from my awesome twitter followers, I've come up with the 10 shoes that every woman should own -

The Classic Black Pump: This is pretty much a given. My pick - the Aldo's Stever pump. The heel height on this pump and the round toe make em perfect for work/interviews and the interesting shape makes em perfect for a night out!

Nude Pump: The new black pump, in my opinion - a nude pump can instantly add class to any outfit and the right nude - that matches your skin tone - can elongate legs! My pick - the Aldo Lazcano Peep Toe Pump. The patent leather and peep toe add a fun elements and these are great for work or play!
Ballet Flats: Comfortable and stylish, these are a must. All you need is a black pair, a nude pair, and a bold pair!
Metallic Sandals: Whether it's a wedding, a gala, or a night of dancing - metallic sandals make the prefect go-to!

Boots: I personally love my flat, black boots or as I like to call them - city boots. They're the perfect combination of comfort, style and coziness! The buckle detail on this Sofft Claremont Riding Boot adds ample character to a plain, black boot! It's also good to own a pair of heeled tall boots. The Nine West Ivanbella Boots are simple enough to pair with just about anything with the buckle adding a pretty detail! Also, depending on the weather where you live, it might be good to own a pair of rain boots! Since rainy days are gloomy and blah, I'd suggest getting a pair of fun, bright rain boots - like these adorable frog rain boots!

Sexy Heels: Every woman needs a pair of shoes that make her feel sexier than usual! The Jimmy Choo Loila Sandal is the epitome of sexy! In my friend Rina's words, they're "a tease" because there's the "allure of skin" and I agree.


Booties: Booties are super versatile and are perfect for all seasons. I'm in love with these Colin Stuart Peep Toe Booties. I like that they're longer than ankle length so they'd be perfect to wear over jeans. The metallic platform is super edgy and these can definitely elongate bare legs!

Espadrilles: Espadrilles are a summer essential. You can pair em with ankle or rolled up jeans, sun dresses, skirts, denim cutoffs and pretty much anything else that's summery! I absolutely love the Aldo Noriega Wedges.
Flat Sandals: Another summer essential - great to have a few casual flats and a couple fancy ones! Aldo's always has a fantastic selection.
Sneakers: Yes! Every woman needs to own, at least, 1 pair of cute sneakers - not ones you work out in. A basic pair of Converse Chuck Taylors is probably your best bet!
Well, that's it - my list of 10(ish) shoes every woman should own! What do you guys? Do you agree? Disagree? Did I miss any?