Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Prabal Gurung For Target: A Love Story

"One thing I kept on coming back to, was the idea of love - whether it's having it, pining for it, losing, wanting it. Most of the collection that I do, has been inspired by love."
- Prabal Gurung, on his collection for Target.

From the minute I heard about this collab, I was in love. When I saw the lookbook, I could feel the love. Prabal Gurung is one of my absolute favorite designers and Target has always done a fabulous job with their designer collabs (except the one with Neiman Marcus - that was awful!). I can see myself falling in love, wearing one of the dresses from this collection. Seriously, I'm kind of obsessed with this collection. Ok, I'll stop talking about it now and just share some of my favorite pieces.

Btw, for all the men - this collection comes out just in time for Valentine's Day - on 2/10. Any piece from this collection is a winning Valentine's Day gift - you can thank me later! :)
1. Dress with full skirt in Floral Crush print - $49.99
2. Dress with full skirt in Apple red and black - $49.99
3. Flat Sandals - $29.99
4. Lace-up pumps in Meet The Parents print - $39.99
5. Pintuck Dress - $49.99
6. Blazer - $49.99, and Shorts - $36.99 - in Floral Crush print
7. Ruffle blouse in Dresden blue and black - $34.99
Here's the tricky part for me - If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you know that I'm going to try and go on a shopping hiatus for two months, starting 1/15. Of course, this collection comes out smack in the middle of this hiatus, on 2/10. So, needless to say, I'm already going to cheat. At least, it'll be worth it, right? Have y'all checked out the collection yet? Do you plan on buying any of the pieces? Please share!!

xo

Dhruvi